Finally, Nigerian Xperia Z users can now enjoy "OFFICIALLY" Android's latest O.S (Android 5.0: Lollipop) on their smartphones without the headaches that accompany custom installed ROMs.
Android Lollipop OTA for the older Xperia Z series, specifically the original Xperia Z, which started rolling out, based on user region, since 20th of May last month has finally gotten to Nigeria. The update started appearing around 1:00 AM, 4th of June.
To update go to
- Update Centre from your app drawer or
- goto settings->about phone-> Software Update and click on refresh logo to get the update notification.
- On your PC, connect to the internet, start Sony PC companion and connect your phone; follow the screen promts.(screenshot below)
The update titled 10.6.A.0.454 comes with the mouth-watering features and bugfixes from Sony, some of the officially highlighted features from the update are;
- Sony's latest experience with Android 5.0 - Lollipop
- A fresh look and feel, based on Google Material Design
- Intelligent look and feel, based on Google Material Design
- Intelligent lock screen notifications and customisable settings
- Multi-user profiles and guest mode
- Storage optimisation; Move apps to SD card.
These and many more are the features offered by the new update.
Happy Updating/Downloading......As e dey Hot!!!!
You can also download my Lollipop Material Design ready App from Playstore here.