There is a more edition of the SCP project by Nefarius, you should consider trying it out, here is the link to the git page:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 ( Download )
- Latest Xbox 360 Controller Drivers ( Download )
- Visual C Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 ( Download )
- Unzip Tool (7z or Winrar)
- Bluetooth Dongle or Onboard/Internal Bluetooth (Optional).
- An Original/Genuine or Knockoff/Fake Dualshock 3 or Sixaxis Controller or Dualshock 4.
Connect your Controller to your PC and wait for your PC to install its default drivers. After installation is complete, you will be able to see the controller as a Playstation controller in the Game Controller window of Control Panel or among the devices in "Devices and Printers".
Download the SCP Driver from here (forums.pcsx2.net). Download the latest version and the latest update package as highlighted in the image below.
Unzip the archives downloaded to a suitable folder, and move the unzipped Driver package (not update package) to a comfortable position probably C:\games\utils or any other of your choosing, it is from here that the service will run from.
Copy the files in the update package's ScpServer\bin directory (as highlighted in the image below) and paste to the bin folder of the driver package,
**Paste in the DriverPackage
Run ScpDriver.exe, and the Driver installation window will show as depicted below; if you have a BlueTooth dongle inserted, you can check the BlueTooth box (NB: This will replace your BT driver to lock it for only Playstation controller pairing).
Click on Install, and in the install summary, will give a complete overview of what got installed, if your controller is not working via cable yet, or you forgot to plug it in before this phase, you can always plug it in and click install again, same goes for if BlueTooth dongle is plugged in later.
Voila!! you're done, however if you can't get your devices to work via Bluetooth without cable, you can continue reading else, go enjoy.
If The Bluetooth Driver is not Installed
If after clicking the Bluetooth driver box, it still doesn't get installed or shown as installed in the install summary, open up the ScpMonitor, the window below should show up, if not, look in your tast tray for its icon and double click it.
If you your Bluetooth's Mac Host address is not shown, and you've clicked install driver, then chances are;
- Your BT device is unsupported.
- You have an onboard BT device.
There are two solutions to this problem;
In ScpDriver window, check the "force install" box, then click the install button. Try again after this process.
Go to the bin folder of the driver package and locate the zadig folder, enter the folder and run zadig.exe (Official homepage of Zadig). The folder should look similar to the below image depiction.
of note is the Bluetooth.cf file.
- Open Zadig.exe to bring up its main window,
- Go to devices and click "Load preset device"
- Browse to or locate the Bluetooth .cfg file and open it.
- Go to options and click list all devices.
- [[ WITH CAUTION ]] Click the drop down box and select your Bluetooth device from the list, make sure it is your Bluetooth that is selected and nothing else. As depicted below mine is Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS.
All that is left is to click the Reinstall Driver Button, wait for the installation to complete and voila. Enjoy.
Bluetooth is Installed and detected, but Controller Still Can't Work Without Cable
If you are experiencing this, or when you try to pain via ScpServer, it pairs but when you disconnect from USB and try to pair via BT, it finds your devices but never fully completes the pairing request. chances are you've got yourself an unofficial Dualshock 3 or a knockoff/fake one. To solve this, you need to
- Download the moded ScpControl.dll from here, the dll was built for such devices.
- Extract ScpControl.dll from the downloaded archive
- Replace the ScpControl.dll in your bin folder with this.
Alternative Download link to moded ScpControl.dll for fake controllers: 4shared.