Here is the solution for those who get to run into this annoying restart loop, where you constantly get the BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (btfilter.sys) and sometime get a System_Service_Exception.
This error, as you might have inferenced it is caused by your Bluetooth driver, corruption of the driver can be from several causes such as:
- Installation of a buggy driver
- Fiddling with the Bluetooth driver too frequently (esp when trying to get Bluetooth controllers to work using some unofficial methods)
- Power failure or abrupt interruption when updating the BT driver etc
The solution to this fault is very simple, find a way to make it to Safe mode.
- Boot into safe mode
- Windows 10 and 8 users:
- When system is starting hold down shift key, and select "See Advanced Repair Options".
- Select "Troubleshoot"
- Select "Advanced Options".
- Select "Startup Settings".
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- Other Windows (7/Vista/ etc)
- When system is booting repeatedly tap F8 to bring up the menu
- select "Safe Mode"
- Uninstall the Bluetooth Driver:
- right click